Thursday, July 19, 2007

Scars

I used to stare at people with scars on their bodies and wonder (or imagine) how they got them in the first place. It's not that I am laughing at them or thinking they should have taken better care of their skin; I was simply curious. It is pretty common to spot people, usually ladies because they wear shorts/skirts that reveal much, with dark spots on their legs. I know for a fact that these spots are sometimes a result of mosquito bites, which leave scars if one scratched the bitten spot too vehemently. Then there are scars that were left behind when wounds failed to heal properly, sometimes resulting in keloids. Maybe I am too superstitious, but I do think that the scars that I have accumulated are a result of me staring too hard at those of others in the past. My scars were not left by mosquitoes, because those fade quite quickly, but usually from accidents. I recently got a, in my opinion, huge scab on my right foot as a result of a fall. The location of the wound was inexplicably bizzare; it was right at the top of the joint joining my foot to my leg, which also makes it difficult to heal because of the frequent movements of my foot stretching the skin when I walk. There is this cavity on my wound now which is taking a long time to heal. I guess a lot of flesh has to grow to fill up that cavity. And the pus is still coming out after more than a week, which I think is slowing down the healing process. This is going to be a damn big scar that would take heavy exfoliation daily and ages to fade away. Sigh, now my legs look kind of spotty too, not as bad as those of patches of mosquito bite scars, but well bad enough. I really think I should not have stared that hard at those poor souls with similar if not worse afflictions in the past. Now, I am being duly punished.
Leave a comment

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails