Friday, June 19, 2009

Nudge


Another book on behavioural economics, a topic that has been around for like 20 years but I guess gained popularity only in the recent years. The theory here is similar to that of a lot of behavioural finance/econs books that have surfaced over the past few years: "Predictably Irrational" is one. Honestly, I did not find this book as interesting as I thought. The first part explaining the theory was ok but I got more bored when I hit the chapters on "Save more for tomorrow". But the book has its merits in enhancing awareness, especially during economic decision-making. Makes one less susceptible to marketing ploys.

The New Yorker has a good article that reviewed books in this area, including Nudge.
Leave a comment

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails