Monday, September 14, 2009

Updates


Oh dear, I realised I haven't posted anything for 3 weeks. Reason being I was so caught up (and stressed over) the silly GMAT test plus all the admissions procedures, especially the essays that I haven't even been thinking straight, not to mention writing anything. Thank God the first half of the slog is over. Result? An improved score of 660, but I did slightly worse for the quant part this time. Well, I did my best in terms of prep work and I am not a quant type of person anywway. I am done with the test forever and ever. So for the past few days, it has been really all about catching a breather, and getting my sanity back. Did a bout of intensive tree-climbing and regained some balance. Happy to share that I learned a new climbing technique - the Single Rope Technique, which is a bit scary because you have to unclip yourself off the rope in midway so as to changeover equipment and descend. Plans also came along for a short holiday trip in Nov to do something I have been wanting to for the longest time - climb an active volcano again. A friend suggested a trekking trip to Lombok, specifically Mt Rinjani, second tallest volcano in Indonesia which is really a chain of volcanic islands lying close to tectonic faultlines. We look set to go and I can't wait. It's been a while since I did a volcano; the last time at Sakurajima in Japan was 5yrs ago! My heart still lies with geography at the end of the day :)

Leave a comment

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails