Monday, September 22, 2008

Multi-tasking

It's the best of times, it's the worst of times. Nothing dramatic like what Dickens wrote about but these are overwhelming times for me personally. Never really a great multi-tasker to begin with (although I think I should be quite ok since I managed to pull through under Sillypore's education system), I have been feeling rather overstretched recently. It's the best of times now because we are in the process of entering the next stage of our life together and it's the worst of times in light of the amount of stuff we have to oversee, co-ordinate and manage with a budget looming at the back of our heads. It's been tiring so I think the first thing to go will be the budget, given that we both really hate bargaining and foraging for the fabled best deal. Because we never really believe "best deal" ever exists; something has to go somehow and it's not the "best" if it's not totally what you want. But it's a good experience to be shocked by the cheek of some self-branded professionals charging exhorbitant prices just because they think people who are getting hitched are so lost in la-la-land that they cannot count the number of zeros. It's also good to get involved personally in the prep work, rather than settling for a cover-all package which may not cover all in the end. And honestly, I am kinda looking forward to the DIY aspects like the flowers and car deco plus working with the designer on the gowns. The creative part is always appealing and keeps me from getting bored, although that means I have more things to toggle between.







Leave a comment

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails