Saturday, February 28, 2009

Love thyself

It's been a crazy week at work. They weren't kidding when they said they needed a guy to "hit the ground running". Work came non-stop and the worst thing is I was never really left alone to do it. Nothing drives me more nuts than having my concentration and train of thought broken every so often. It's difficult to maintain clarity of thought (I really like this expression and its meaning) when you are either being hauled away for something else or have someone barking orders at you. It takes a mighty lot not to rip loose and start barking back. But I tell myself, please do not create a shouting game because it's not worth it. Instead, preserve my dignity, speak calmly, sensibly and confidently and reason and sanity will prevail. Civilised, cultured and well-bred ladies do not shout or bark.

So anyway the weekend is here and I can indulge myself. But since my pay is very little having only worked a few days this month, I'll reward myself in a frugal manner:

food
sleep
nice ring
a beautiful apartment in a great locationsomething fierce, like me

Leave a comment

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails