Sunday, November 1, 2009

Workaholics vs Peak Performers

This is a useful checklist to keep in mind, especially with bosses constantly at our necks yelling for results and we are feeling maxed out and asking "what the hell am I doing?". Luckily for myself, I check most of the boxes on the right, although I would probably still need to do more to delegate and take more vacations. The latter is however constrained by the number of days of leave in the company policy, which means to fill that box with a firm tick, I would need to quit or work out something that allows me to take time off more often, or better still telecommute/work on a project basis and help me achieve my major objective of maximising mobility (i.e. freedom) while generating income to survive. Still trying to work things out but with optimism, courage and maybe some luck, I can hopefully achieve my goal.

via The Joy of Not Working, which btw is really a joy to read.
Leave a comment

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails