Saturday, February 27, 2010

Lomo random - test-driving my fisheye lens



















As the focal length of Holga is about 38mm on 35mm film (mine is the 135 version), which means I can only take clear pictures of objects at least 1m away, it doesn't allow me to take close up shots. To help make up for it, I bought Holga a fisheye lens, which I intended to use like a macro lens to take close-ups (about 4cm away), which will then turn out to look normal. Anything more than 4cm away will produce a distorted effect, which actually is the whole point when people use this lens. For me, it works both as a pseudo-macro and a fisheye lens. Have to judge the distance carefully though, otherwise the subject can turn out to be blur, while the background ends up being clear, which may not be the intended effect.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails