Saturday, February 27, 2010

Lomo random - test-driving my Seagull









These are some of my first shots using the Seagull 4B-1, the entry level TLR fully manual camera. I am still figuring out the right combinations of aperture, shutter speed and film ISO in different light conditions. Sometimes, I even get the focus wrong (like in the picture of the door), which actually is the easiest bit. Medium format film produces more vivid shots than ordinary 35mm, and is even better on Seagull because of the glass lens, which results in a very sharp HD effect. Somehow the shots look better in the 6x6 square frame. I don't think I ever use much of the 6x4 frame!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, may I know where did you get your seagull? I want to buy 1 but dunno where can i get 1 in singapore, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got mine some time back so not sure if they are still around.

    Seng Cheong at Middle Road ICB Enterprise House #04-01

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks very much!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails