Thursday, May 6, 2010

I am lucky that I am able to interact frequently and work with very high quality talent in my profession. Some of these highly successful people have become a role model of sorts whom I often find myself referring back to, which in turn becomes a source of motivation for me to seek self-improvement constantly. Learning through experience and imitation has greater impact than reading a book and noting down what it is telling you to do. I think often about these people and analyse what is it about them that differentiates them from most others and why I simply can’t quite put them out of my mind. I identified the one star-like quality of each of the following four people (in pseudonyms), who have made the strongest impression on me so far.

Elephant – Positivism
- Enthusiasm is infectious
- Believes in the change for good and always strives for improvement
- Believes in the good of people => Build people’s capability = Building organizational capability
- Believes in the power of many as opposed to one = Empowers people
- Positive towards life and oneself = Exudes a can-do attitude

Maggot – Personable
- Easy to connect with and build a relationship
- Makes an impact on others = Memorable
- Hard to dislike
- Gives others a sense of comfort
- Non-threatening

Yellow – Discipline
- Stays focused day in day out = Cut straight to the core of issues.
- Is relentless = Putting in the effort consistently
- Stays engaged throughout all happenings
- Excellent time and self management ability

Jam – Serenity & Balance
- Exudes a calm demeanor = Reassuring presence
- Has a strong sense of self (“a strong core”)
- Ability to stay on an even keel when dealing with shocks/problems/conflict
- Imparts confidence to others (“There is nothing I can’t handle”)

Leave a comment

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails