Wednesday, August 1, 2007

MBTI - Day One

Today was the first day of the MBTI course. I am an INFP.
I : Introvert (Although the score was almost even split between E and I, I should be more of an I cos the characteristics seem to fit me better. Plus I do get drained talking to too many people and get irritated when "overwhelming" people pounce on me. Now I have a better understanding why I do not like to hang around with people who talk a lot. My ears ring and my head spins. The lecturer was talking about Is issuing passports to selected people to enter their inner circle. This is totally me. I used to wonder if I was being discriminatory but now I feel justified doing it. But I still lack good extrovert skills, which she explained are acquired and different from the inborn extraversion represented by the letter E. I also think Es who like to talk to people may form less "deep" relationships cos they spread their bets, or time too thinly among too many people. On the other hand, Is form deeper and stronger bonds with the chosen ones, although they may not have as wide a network as Es. Then again, this can be improved if Is hone their extrovert skills well. Maybe Is with excellent extrovert skills can be mistaken as Es. )
N : iNtuition (Pretty clear I am not very sensing, though I believe that I have been shaped and nurtured to be more fact-oriented and rooted to the present. I do enjoy knowing facts. But I think most of the time, I tend to go with my gut feel cos I am too lazy to trawl through the facts to make sense of the information and arrive at my decisions or conclusions.)
F : Feeling (Even clearer that I am definitely more feeling than thinking. I wonder if this means that I am not very numerate, which I think so. But then I am not that good with words either. Wonder how the hell I am going to handle CFA... First thing first, GMAT.)
P : Perceiving (Now this is surprising. Most of the other MBTIs that I did concluded that either I am a J, i.e. judging, or a J-P even split. This time the result was 16:6, in P's favour. I guess I have also been brought up to be more orderly and structured in my lifestyle (J), which I believe is key to doing well in the education system here. With so many subjects to tackle at one time, if one is not structured and disciplined, how to handle right? The truth is I tend to go along with the flow, or at least prefer to do so, even if I do not do it sometimes or most of the time. This becomes evident whenever I drive. I don't like to plan my route, although I sort of have a map in my head when driving. And when I park, I just reverse first before assessing if the car can fit into the lot at that angle. If not, then I panick and readjust my wheels. So bascially I suck at parking, cos I am too lazy and cannot be bothered to plan how much to turn etc. Or when I travel, I do try to plan the destinations but always only up to a half-past-six point, before leaving the planning aside. When I reach the country, then I see what I feel like doing.)
Can't wait to hear what she has to say about job fit for the 16 combis.
Leave a comment

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails