Saturday, August 4, 2007

MBTI - Summing up

I seem to have benefited immensely from a couple of courses that I attend recently. The first was the executive development course (EDC) which the organisation sent me for in July, and for which I had to sign a "letter of underatking" to work for the org for 6 months. Incidentally, that was the most ridiculous thing that ever happened to me. But I am still glad I went for it anyway. It opened my eyes to the different jobs in the civil service. Talking to so many people from the various ministries and stat boards made me realise a lot of things. For one, no one had to sign such a "letter of undertaking". So much for "investing in training for our officers" and all that crap. Seriously, the HR is the lousiest one I have ever come across. The EDC helped to confirm, chopped and stamped, that I HAVE to leave this org, for my own sake.
The second course is of course the MBTI course. It certainly helped me understand my preferences much better. Understanding myself better has in turn led to a better appreciation of differences in people and made me more tolerant of people who are on another wavelength. More importantly, I feel more certain now that changing track in my career is necessary, and I need to find a job that fits my type. The lecturer Angeline Yam was patient enough to guide me in finding my type, because the indicator had revealed a different result. According to her, the results were skewed probably because I had done too many similar tests and sometimes, the desire to possess certain qualities had influenced my thinking when I was taking the indicator. So for the help she has rendered me, here's me doing a little bit for her by advertising her contact details on this blog, although I am not sure if anyone is reading this in the first place haha.
Contact her if you are feeling lost in life and she might just be the one to help you find your beacon of light.
Leave a comment

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails