Saturday, November 3, 2007

HOW TO HANDLE RESPONSES

“I’M HAPPY WITH WHERE I AM.”

Reinforce what he is doing – “I’m just curious, what do you do?”
How my recommendation can complement his career goals – find out about his job scope, career history, his circumstances, what makes him content with the status quo

“I’M NOT INTERESTED.”

“Well, (name), a lot of people had the same reaction when I first called, before they had a chance to hear what this opportunity is all about.”

“I’M BUSY.”

I’ll call you back (when). What is your mobile no.?”

“SEND ME SOME LITERATURE.”

Try to explain over the phone first or call back another time. If not, then send the JD.


We need to behave like professionals if we expect to be treated like professionals.

Use the info he gives me
to show why the opportunity is suitable for him.

LEAVING VOICEMAILS
Don’t leave more than 1 voicemail per week per person.
Leave name, company, position, contact no.

Calling a prospect who has already received a call from a colleague – “I’m calling in reference to (name of that colleague).”

THE REAL KEY TO SUCCESSFUL SELLING IS FINDING OUT WHAT PEOPLE DO
Leave a comment

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails