Monday, November 10, 2008

A day in the life of a couch potato

I thought I would try and really do NOTHING for a whole day, but sit on the couch, for my do-something-new-each-day endeavor, primarily to just stop moving and take a breather. My stress level did not go down, in fact it went up. I felt grotty, restless, irritated and ended up with a headache. Yes, a headache just because I did nothing but sit all day. Ok, I was watching TV, mostly surfing cos nothing was interesting enough to hold my attention for more than a few minutes and I am never much of a TV junkie anyway. Then Discovery channel came on and I learnt something new. So it wasn't so bad after all.

Night vision takes 45 minutes to come on for the average person and with sufficient moonlight, it can be similar to daylight conditions. To preserve night vision, cover one eye if there is a change in light conditions, e.g. switching on the torchlight to check the map and bearings. For better vision in poor lighting, view objects from the corner of the eye as peripheral vision gives greater clarity.
Leave a comment

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails