Thursday, November 27, 2008

How not to look like a porcupine

Couldn't resist copying this from a LinkedIn account user's profile page:


Contact Settings

I am generally receptive to being contacted if we have *common interests*, especially within my areas of specialty. I will also respond quickly if you have *clearly articulated* the reason for us to connect - no boiler-plate invitations please. However, you will find me quite protective of my network. Many are private and busy individuals, not super-connectors. Thus, make sure your introduction requests are *specific* and *directly relevant* to my network contacts.I am also very conservative when it comes to endorsements: I will only leave endorsements for people that I have directly worked with and have experience of their capabilities.

How friendly. Sometimes it's better not to be too frank about your thinking. And note the little *asterisks* (roll eyes).

Leave a comment

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails