Monday, November 10, 2008

This Hitotsubashi book

I'll be honest, I picked this up because I wanted to get some granular on this so-called "signature course" on knowledge management at Hitotsubashi's MBA program. And I'll be even more honest: It took me quite a dogged while to get through it. This "knowledge management" thing clearly draws a lot from organizational learning, communication, some aspects of psychology as well as philosophy. Much of it is based on the Japanese experience, as captured by this "ba" concept of contextual learning and knowledge management. Effective knowledge management is heavily premised on dialectic thinking and the ability to hold two opposite views at the same time and function effectively, which is quite abstract and needs to flesh out in greater detail and more meat on how to execute and to influence results. Here, I think a more case study-centric approach would help give the concept more ground.
Leave a comment

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails